Re: Query with Parameters and Wildcards

From: landsharkdaddy <ldodd(at)landsharksoftware(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Query with Parameters and Wildcards
Date: 2009-04-27 17:11:09
Lists: pgsql-sql

That is it! It works just fine and from my Typed Dataset in c# I just call
the function using SELECT * FROM
lanemanager.GetCustomerByLastName(:customerlastname) and it works perfectly.
Through this whole process I have also gained a greater understanding of
using Functions as well. I guess I would like to know why

SELECT * FROM lanemanger.customers WHERE (customerfirstname ILIKE $1 || '%')

doesnt work when used as the select query of the dataset. Using functions is
just as well but I would like to understand why the query doesnt work unless
it is called from a function. Thanks to all that helped with this one, you
have been very helpful.