Re: Large Objects

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: daniel(dot)fisher(at)vt(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large Objects
Date: 2001-07-29 20:20:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Daniel Fisher <dfisher(at)vt(dot)edu> writes:
> I'm having some trouble inserting a large object into the database.
> I'm fairly certain that the problem is in my java code because I wrote some quick PHP code and it worked fine.
> The main problem is I'm not getting any errors, so I'm kinda stumped.
> The code appears to run fine, but nothing is being inserted into the database.

The query trace shows that you are starting a transaction (with BEGIN)
and never committing it (no COMMIT or END). So when you close the
connection, the transaction is rolled back, and its effects go away.

I suppose that having done "conn.setAutoCommit(false)", you need to add
a command to explicitly commit the transaction, but I don't know JDBC
well enough to know how you do that...