Using a C++ library in PostgreSQL

From: Xin Wang <andywx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using a C++ library in PostgreSQL
Date: 2009-07-19 14:13:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
My research project is based on PostgreSQL. I want to get the
Post-Schema-Validation-Infoset (PSVI)
of an XML document being stored. However, the current libxml2 library does
not support PSVI at all. So
I have to use the Xerces C++ library in PostgreSQL. But I wonder if it is
possible to call a C++ API in
a C code base.
Could anyone here give me some guidelines to do it? Can the recently
discussed "Mostly Harmless C++"
patch be helpful to what I want to do?

Thank you in advance!
Xin Wang