Re: Foreign character struggles

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu>
Cc: Tim Perdue <tim(at)perdue(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Foreign character struggles
Date: 2002-10-25 14:49:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

Roberto Mello <rmello(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu> writes:
> Where is the procedure for working with i18n'd characters described in the
> documentation? I'm looking for something that mentions the specifics of
> locale interaction and all that.

Offhand I can't think of any section that addresses that topic
specifically, although there are passing mentions in the installation
docs and other places. Want to write up a new section?

BTW, as of 7.3 both --enable-locale and --enable-multibyte are standard,
so at least the "did you build with the right options?" FAQ will go
away. There'll still be "did you initdb with the right locale?" to
trap the unwary, though :-(