Re: History for 8.3.6 tag is a little strange

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: History for 8.3.6 tag is a little strange
Date: 2010-09-24 19:06:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Doing "git log tags/REL8_3_6" I see two commits after the one labeled
> "tag for 8.3.6".

> The other tags I checked all seem to match what I would expect. I'm not
> suggesting that anything be done, I just wanted to point this out in
> case something strange happened.

Hmmm ... the files those commits touch are indeed tagged REL8_3_6 at the
later commit in the CVS repository, and I pulled out the 8.3.6 tarball
and confirmed that that has the newer versions too.

[ pokes around in mail archives ... ]

What seems to have happened is that the analyze_requires_snapshot() bug
was reported on pgsql-packagers and we concluded that it was serious
enough to justify a re-wrap; but the tarballs hadn't gone anywhere
public so we just did the deed without bumping the version number.