Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function

From: Hironobu SUZUKI <hironobu(at)interdb(dot)jp>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgbench - add pseudo-random permutation function
Date: 2019-02-10 17:46:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I updated the patch. And also I added some explanations and simple
examples in the modular_multiply function.

Fabian-san,

To make easily understanding, I think it is a good idea to add a brief
explanation of outline the pseudorandom_perm function and bijective
functions/transformations. What do you think about?

Best regards,

On 2019/02/02 1:16, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 08:21:27AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> Thanks for the hint. Here is an updated patch using this marker.
>>
>> I noticed that some instances use a closing "*-----" sequence, but it does
>> not seem useful, so I left it out.
>>
>> I have also tried to improve a few comments, and moved a declaration into a
>> loop because I did not like the pg-indented version much.
>
> This patch is marked as ready for committer for some time now, and it
> has rotten, so I am moving it to next CF, waiting on author.
> --
> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgbench-prp-func-13.patch text/plain 19.6 KB