Database files - personal curiosity

From: "Fontenot, Paul" <Paul(dot)Fontenot(at)bannerhealth(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Database files - personal curiosity
Date: 2003-03-28 22:07:02
Lists: pgsql-general

This is more a curiousity of mine than anything else.

In MySQL the database files are housed in directories named for the
database they belong to and you can see how much disk space they are
taking up fairly easily. Where does PostgreSQL keep is datafiles and
more importantly how can I tell how much diskspace it is consuming?

Pardon my ignorance of PostgreSQL, today is my first real attempt at its
use.