Re: About OIDs

From: Flower Sun <sun_2002_flower(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>, Pgsql Group <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: About OIDs
Date: 2003-03-28 22:25:58
Lists: pgsql-general

If OIDS are for the whole postgresql server, not for individual database.
You have to drop all the databases in order to reuse OIDS, I think, which is not good for those companys who let host company hosting their databases. Because there are many other companys using the same postgresql server at the same time. And you have no idea whether other companys' tables are created with OIDS or not.
I think OID is equivlent to Oracle ROWID which is 64bits right now. ROWID don't have exhaustion problem.

Dann Corbit <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com> wrote:-----Original Message-----