Re: Unbounded (Possibly) Database Size Increase - Test Case

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark kirkwood <markir(at)slingshot(dot)co(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unbounded (Possibly) Database Size Increase - Test Case
Date: 2002-05-07 13:45:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark kirkwood <markir(at)slingshot(dot)co(dot)nz> writes:
> I ran 10 threads in 2) and saw my database grow from the initial size of
> 150M by about 1G per hour (I stopped my test after 5 hours @ 4.5G).

Which files grew exactly? (Main table, indexes, toast table, toast index?)

Was the FSM size parameter set large enough to cover the amount of space
you need the system to be able to recycle --- viz, the amount used
between vacuum runs? As with most everything else in PG, the default
value is not real large: 10000 pages = 80MB.