Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes

From: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <rob(at)xzilla(dot)net>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New docs chapter on Transaction Management and related changes
Date: 2022-10-13 21:54:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Op 13-10-2022 om 23:28 schreef Bruce Momjian:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 03:02:34PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
>> Thanks Robert. I've tried to accommodate all of your thoughts, plus Alvaro's.
>>
>> New v5 attached.
>>
>> Happy to receive further comments.
>
> I liked this patch very much. It gives details on a lot of the
> internals we expose to users. Some of my changes were:
>
> * tightening the wording
> * restructuring the flow
> * splitting out user-visible details (prepared transactions) from
> internals, e.g., xid, vxid, subtransactions
> * adding references from places in our docs to these new sections

> [xact.diff]

I think that
'This chapter explains how the control the reliability of'

should be:
'This chapter explains how to control the reliability of'

And in these lines:
+ together in a transactional manner. The commands <command>PREPARE
+ <command>ROLLBACK PREPARED</command>. Two-phase transactions

'The commands'

should be
'The commands are'

thanks,