Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Maurizio" <maurizio(dot)c(at)libero(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Kardos, Dr(dot) Andreas" <kardos(at)repas-aeg(dot)de>
Subject: Re: 7.1 beta 3 CHANGES FOR QNX
Date: 2001-02-06 03:08:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Maurizio" <maurizio(dot)c(at)libero(dot)it> writes:
> ECHO is defined in the following QNX gcc include files :
> termio.h
> termios.h
> If ECHO was not redefined in pgc.l you can't compile in embedded SQL C.

Well, my question still stands: why aren't the other four flex outputs
also broken? They all use ECHO.

In any case, I'd prefer to see this fixed by not including <termios.h>
rather than hacking up the .l files. Surely it doesn't need to be
included everywhere, as src/include/port/qnx4.h is now causing to
happen. In fact, it looks to me like qnx4.h probably includes and
defines a lot more than it needs to; would you experiment with stripping
it down?

> I am also checking for another problem.
> I have some errors if I compile pgsql without change the typedef Size in
> c.h.
> To succesfully compile pgsql I have changed typedef Size in int insteed
> size_t.

That strikes me as *horribly* dangerous. There is too much code whose
behavior might change in unpleasant ways if Size becomes a signed type.
Please explain what problems you are seeing that make you think this is
a good idea.

Andreas, the QNX port is largely your work IIRC. What do you think of
these issues? Have you tried 7.1beta on QNX?