Re: Assert failure when rechecking an exclusion constraint

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Assert failure when rechecking an exclusion constraint
Date: 2011-06-05 18:17:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> writes:
>> Sounds reasonable. Need to remove the index from pendingReindexedIndexes, not
>> just call ResetReindexProcessing().

> [ looks again... ] Uh, right. I was thinking that the pending list was
> just "pending" and not "in progress" indexes. I wonder if we should
> rejigger things so that that's actually true, ie, remove an index's OID
> from the pending list when we mark it as the current one?

Attached are two versions of a patch to fix this. The second one
modifies the code that tracks what's "pending" as per the above thought.
I'm not entirely sure which one I like better ... any comments?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
reindex-assert-fix-1.patch text/x-patch 5.7 KB
reindex-assert-fix-2.patch text/x-patch 6.4 KB