Re: Cannot digest subscribe

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Don Lavelle <don(dot)lavelle(dot)bulk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot digest subscribe
Date: 2007-03-04 18:22:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Don Lavelle <don(dot)lavelle(dot)bulk(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I just signed up for the mailing list, but when I tried to change
> over to a digest subscription, I got an error back from the server.

I'm fairly sure that the way you do that involves some kind of "set mode"
command, not a new "subscribe" command. Send the command "help" to
the majordomo server and believe what it tells you, not what you
read somewhere else. (Just to save you one round trip, I recall that
"help" and "help set" will cover most of what you want to know.)