How to identify the current WAL segment file

From: "Tommy Cheng" <csckcac(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to identify the current WAL segment file
Date: 2007-12-03 10:21:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi everyone,

I am new to postgresql. So point me to somewhere else if you got the right
direction.

i am using PostgreSQL 8.1.9 on a linux system and i want to setup PITR. i
found that the segment size is too large that the copying frequency is not
high enough.

So, i want to set up a cron job that periodically identifies the current WAL
segment file once a minute and scp it to other server.

How to do that, can someone give me a template script?

Btw, i saw archieve_timeout setting in
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/continuous-archiving.html
that may suits my need, can i use it in 8.1.9?