Pg_Dump strange error

From: "Jorge Alvarez" <demasiado(at)antisocial(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pg_Dump strange error
Date: 2000-06-02 01:19:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have a PostgreSQL 6.5.3 database server working flawlessly under Linux
Mandrake 7.0

However, when I try to use the pg_dump utility, I get this error:

#pg_dump myDatabase > backup.db

NOTICE: get_groname: group 87 not found
getTables(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend: 'pqReadData() --
backend
closed the channel unexpectedly.
before or while processing the request.

This database has been working perfectly for many weeks, but pg_dump
refuses to work.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Jorge.