Re: pg_get_functiondef forgets about most GUC_LIST_INPUT GUCs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com, a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_get_functiondef forgets about most GUC_LIST_INPUT GUCs
Date: 2018-03-21 05:40:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 01:27:35PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> + if (flags & GUC_LIST_QUOTE)
>> + elog(FATAL, "extensions cannot define GUC_LIST_QUOTE variables");

> This would be better as an ereport with ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED I
> think. An ERROR is better in my opinion.

I don't mind making it an ereport, but I think it needs to be FATAL
for the reason stated in the comment.

>> + record = find_option(name, false, WARNING);
>> + if (record == NULL)

> LOG instead of WARNING?

I did it like that to match the similar code in flatten_set_variable_args.
In the end it doesn't matter, because find_option only uses its elevel
argument when create_placeholders is passed as true.