Re: Where is the summary of interactive docs' comments?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where is the summary of interactive docs' comments?
Date: 2003-11-16 01:24:01
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net> writes:
> On Saturday 15 November 2003 13:45, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In previous release cycles it was helpful to use
>> http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/checknotes.php
>> to look at all the comments that had been entered on the interactive
>> documentation pages.

> What was the basic functionality? Did it just list each comment along
> with its page? We might be able to whip up something crude like that
> if you want...

Basically it extracted all the idocs comments on one page, instead of
having to go rooting through the individual pages of the docs to find
them. I forget whether there was any convenient link to the pages the
comments were actually entered on.

There's no hurry about it now, because I went ahead and rooted through
all the individual pages :-( --- so that task is done for this release
cycle. But maybe someone could think about resurrecting the
functionality sometime in future.