Re: Create Database using JDBC

From: Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Create Database using JDBC
Date: 2005-07-04 11:09:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On 7/4/05, Nidhi Srivastava <nsrivastava(at)quark(dot)com> wrote:

> But even that alternate template database would need to be created the
> first time after server installation by connceting to the template1 DB??
> Right??
>
> All I want is to automate database creation the first time after server
> installation eliminate user inputs

But why then not requiring that no one is connected to the template1
database ? That shouldn't be too much of a requirement. Myself, I
develop with postgres on a daily basis (using JDBC), and even I have
pgAmin only open when necessary eg. for checking that some data was
inserted in the db or testing a query.

Tom