Re: knngist patch support

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Hitoshi Harada <umi(dot)tanuki(at)gmail(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, tomas(at)tuxteam(dot)de, "Ragi Y(dot) Burhum" <rburhum(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: knngist patch support
Date: 2010-02-14 17:24:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OK. In that case, any objections to my applying the attached patch,
> which I believe implements this as you suggested?

Um, did you test this version? It looks like the macros are still
defined according to the idea that SearchSysCache takes five arguments.

Also, I'd suggest adding explicit comments to syscache.h suggesting
that SearchSysCache etc are meant to be called via the macros
rather than directly.

I didn't check all the individual calls, but it looks generally
sane except for those points.