Anyone want to update our Windows timezone map?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Anyone want to update our Windows timezone map?
Date: 2016-08-15 19:19:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

src/timezone/README saith

When there has been a new release of Windows (probably including Service
Packs), the list of matching timezones need to be updated. Run the
script in src/tools/win32tzlist.pl on a Windows machine running this new
release and apply any new timezones that it detects. Never remove any
mappings in case they are removed in Windows, since we still need to
match properly on the old version.

We have certainly not been doing that on a regular basis (as best I can
tell, no such changes have been made since 2010). Does anybody who uses
Windows want to deal with it? Or at least do it once so that our Windows
TZ info is less than 5 years out of date?

If we got this done in the next couple weeks, any resulting changes
could go out in 9.6rc1. Given that we've not done this routinely,
that seems like a better plan than having them first hit the field
in minor releases of stable branches.