Re: Running on Tru64

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil(at)kjernsmo(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running on Tru64
Date: 2003-03-16 21:37:45
Lists: pgsql-ports

Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil(at)kjernsmo(dot)net> writes:
> I'm trying to get PostgreSQL 7.3.2 running on Tru64.

> Problem is, I've got a really old gcc, specifically 2.8.1, and I'm
> getting the error someone reported in bug #623. I've asked some folks
> and there is no new gcc coming up in foreseeable future.

It's possible that tweaking the PG source code would get you around the
gcc crash --- but without knowledge of the cause of the crash, it's hard
to guess what to tweak. Have you tried to find out if any gcc hackers
know about it?

> I've also compiled with the native cc, it compiles but I'm getting
> 35 of 89 tests failed.
> Bad sign, I guess.

Have you looked at the specific diffs? Counting the number of tests
that "failed" is not very meaningful.