Re: dependencies for generated header files

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dependencies for generated header files
Date: 2009-08-12 01:19:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Tom Lane<tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> Surely the answer to that is "you should be configuring with --enable-depend".

> Uhm, the point is that this is broken even with ---enable-depend.

Oh, okay, but that's only for *generated* header files. I'm not excited
about that. We've pretty much managed to minimize compile-time
dependencies on generated files. Now of course your other patch wants
to vastly expand the use of generated files, and I can see that we might
have a problem of this sort if we accepted that patch --- but it seems
Peter's not excited about that one either.