Re: pgsql: Identity columns

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Identity columns
Date: 2017-04-06 14:24:45
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Identity columns

This commit is causing a compiler warning for me:

tablecmds.c: In function 'ATExecSetIdentity':
tablecmds.c:5936: warning: 'address.objectSubId' may be used uninitialized in this function
tablecmds.c:5936: warning: 'address.objectId' may be used uninitialized in this function

I'm not sure why it's not complaining about all three fields, because
AFAICS, the function returns a totally undefined ObjectAddress when
generatedEl is not set. What is the intention there? (If the function
were adequately documented, maybe I could divine that for myself, but
heaven help the reader who would like to know what this function is
supposed to do.)