Re: Posgresql 7.2b1 crashes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: god(at)yinyang(dot)hjsoft(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Posgresql 7.2b1 crashes
Date: 2001-11-01 16:49:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Mr. Shannon Aldinger" <god(at)yinyang(dot)hjsoft(dot)com> writes:
> I've had two overnight crashes with postgresql-7.2b1. Neither logged any
> useful info in the logfile created by pg_ctl, syslog or messages.

Please define "crash". If it was a coredump, how about a stack
backtrace? Can you determine what query it was executing?

While I'd like to help you, you have not provided one single bit of
information that could possibly be used to identify the problem ...

> glibc-2.2.x.

... except perhaps that. If you compiled with --enable-locale, an
update to glibc 2.2.3 is strongly advised. There's a nasty bug in
strcoll() in 2.2.x.