Re: Misc. Win32 questions

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Misc. Win32 questions
Date: 2004-12-12 22:22:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Dave Page said:
> There's actually nothing we can do about it other than really
> pause the service, which you probably don't want!

It's a pity that the service manager is so starved of available operations
that all we could do was to co-opt the pause operation for reload. I suspect
lots of Windows admins will be surprised by that. Certainly I don't think we
should tell people to use the command line version - pg_ctl reload is a much
nicer way to go.

cheers

andrew