Re: Packed short varlenas, what next?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Packed short varlenas, what next?
Date: 2007-02-27 18:13:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'm really curious to know how people feel about the varlena patch.

One thing I think we could do immediately is apply the change to replace
"VARATT_SIZEP(x) = len" with "SET_VARSIZE(x, len)" --- that would
considerably reduce the size of the patch and allow people to focus on
the important changes instead of underbrush. Barring objection I'll go
ahead and do that today.