Re: dikkop seems unhappy because of openssl stuff (FreeBSD 14-BETA1)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: dikkop seems unhappy because of openssl stuff (FreeBSD 14-BETA1)
Date: 2023-09-18 18:52:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> it seems dikkop is unhappy again, this time because of some OpenSSL
> stuff. I'm not sure it's our problem - it might be issues with the other
> packages, or maybe something FreeBSD specific, not sure.
> Both 11 and 12 failed with a weird openssl segfaults in plpython tests,
> see [2] and [3]. And 13 is stuck in some openssl stuff in plpython
> tests, with 100% CPU usage (for ~30h now):

Even weirder, its latest REL_11 run got past that, and instead failed
in pltcl [1]. I suppose in an hour or two we'll know if v12 also
changed behavior.

The pltcl test case that is failing is annotated

-- Test usage of Tcl's "clock" command. In recent Tcl versions this
-- command fails without working "unknown" support, so it's a good canary
-- for initialization problems.

which is mighty suggestive, but I'm not sure what to look at exactly.
Perhaps apply "ldd" or local equivalent to those languages' .so files
and see if they link to the same versions of indirectly-required
libraries as Postgres is linking to?

regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dikkop&dt=2023-09-18%2013%3A59%3A40