Seeking Restoration Advice

From: "Aaron Woehler" <awoehler(at)gemstate(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Seeking Restoration Advice
Date: 2007-04-12 14:48:53
Lists: pgsql-novice

I would appreciate any suggestions that people could contribute to my
dilema.

I have a Debian/Postgres 7.1.2 server where root partition went bad but the
database partition is fine. I've rebuilt an installation on a new drive and
am in the process of trying to restore the data. I have the old drive
mounted fine and can see the data directory.

My thought process was to simply install the same version of postgresql that
was on the old server from it's source but I'm getting the following error.
./configure
checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error: could not
determine argument types

Config.log:
/usr/include/bits/types.h:37: error: declaration for parameter '__u_long'
but no such parameter
/usr/include/bits/types.h:36: error: declaration for parameter '__u_int' but
no such parameter
/usr/include/bits/types.h:35: error: declaration for parameter '__u_short'
but no such parameter
/usr/include/bits/types.h:34: error: declaration for parameter '__u_char'
but no such parameter
configure:5399: error: expected '{' at end of input
configure: failed program was:
#line 5389 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif
#ifdef HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
#include <sys/socket.h>
#endif
extern int accept (unsigned int, void *, void *);
int main() {

; return 0; }

I know I should have more recent backups but life will be easiest if I can
use this data since it is time sensative.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Aaron