Re: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpq.so.4" not found

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>
To: Dino Vliet <dino_vliet(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: girgen(at)FreeBSD(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libpq.so.4" not found
Date: 2007-03-01 16:30:05
Lists: pgsql-general

postgresql-8-2 installs libpq.so.5. You need to upgrade pgadmin to
link with libpq.so.5, or you need to downgrade postgresql to 8.1.x.
Once you downgraded postgres, you can upgrade it again using
portupgrade; it will save a copy of libpq.so.4 in /usr/local/lib/
compat/pkg/, so as long as you have that path in you ldconfig path
(you should, unless you've modified som settings), it will work
without upgrading pgadmin.

Good luck!

/Palle