AW: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on (pgindent)

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] LONG varsize - how to go on (pgindent)
Date: 1999-12-21 09:04:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Bruce doesn't want to do that, and I doubt anyone will
> force the issue
> > over his veto. But it would be nice to be able to do a
> pgindent run;
> > there's a lot of new code in this release.
>
> I hope I didn't "veto" it. I just wanted to mention my reasons, and
> look for other people to vote too. I have Vince, Peter, and Tom who
> want 8-space tabs and 4-space indents. Because the old standard was
> voted on by many more people, I need to hear additional votes
> to change
> our standard.

I think the idea at that time was also, that with a tab only setup people
can
look at the code with 2 space, 3 space and 4 space indents, whatever suits
them best.

I like the current setup. Our company uses the same.

Most Programmers editors (and vi) can handle the 4 space tabs perfectly.
The pager less handles them also.

Andreas