AW: [HACKERS] [Fwd: bug ? get_groname: group 0 not found]

From: Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5 <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, "'spirou(at)carolo(dot)net'" <spirou(at)carolo(dot)net>
Subject: AW: [HACKERS] [Fwd: bug ? get_groname: group 0 not found]
Date: 1999-08-30 09:58:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I posted this message in pgsql-novice, but got no answer.
> I dare forward it to pgsql-hackers, though I fear it could be a misuse
> of that list.

I think it is a good question for the hackers list.

> Spirou wrote:
> >
> > I can't find my classes anymore (cf below ...) !
>
> > ---------------------------
> > INSERT INTO pg_group VALUES ('http_user')
> > CREATE USER "www-data" IN GROUP http_user;
> > CREATE USER nobody IN GROUP http_user;

Last time I used groups successfully I had to create the group as
a unix group, then insert the unix group id into the grosysid column.
Actually any id that shows in /etc/groups is ok, (but imho a bug).
I think it is also a requirement, that the group id is not used as a
user id in pg_shadow.
I am not sure that anyone knows the initially intended architecture.
Please speak up anybody, if you know the intended/wanted design.

Andreas