Re: [HACKERS] doc troubles with tar.gz

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] doc troubles with tar.gz
Date: 1998-03-04 08:24:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Best is: (believe me, really uncompress will not work nor zcat, I use it
for
> SAP DB backup, it works)
> gzip -cd <somefile>.tar.gz | tar -xvf -

This is also the most portable solution. zcat is the same as uncompress -c,
but it only works
for tar.gz files iff gzip is fully installed (replaced zcat and uncompress)
and is first on your search path.
The above statement only needs to find the gzip executable somewhere in the
path.
(Everybody should have that !)

Andreas