Re: [HACKERS] Views on aggregates - need assistence

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Views on aggregates - need assistence
Date: 1998-02-24 08:56:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Actually, it does handle unions of views, but not views of unions.
> Informix doesn't support it either, and I don't know what the other
> dbms's do, but I think I am going to find out soon from someone. :-)

create view testv as
select * from dual
union all
select * from dual;

Works in Oracle, I think this is great, I have been missing this feature in
Informix.
It can for example solve the large table problem (create several tables and
a union view).
But it is definitely a goody that could wait a little on the TODO list.

Andreas