Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/bin/initdb initdb.sh'

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] 'pgsql/src/bin/initdb initdb.sh'
Date: 1998-02-24 08:45:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't know if I like the new name db_user? What do other people
> think? I thought pg_user_no_pwd would be nice.

Same with me. I think the name should definitely be in the restricted name
space starting with
pg_ !! How about pg_user beeing the view and having a restricted
pg_user_security ?
I still think we should hash out the password in both versions, since most
users will use
the same passwords as everywhere else. This is just to help superusers who
want to stay honest.

Andreas