Permissions on copy

From: Zeugswetter Andreas SARZ <Andreas(dot)Zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at>
To: "'pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Permissions on copy
Date: 1998-02-20 11:02:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Since the copy statement is behaving differently than the normal select
stuff,
I think we should eighter introduce a new permission (name it copy or dump)
or include the copy into the rewrite system.

I would vote for the first and implement a new command:
unload to <filename> [delimiter '|'] <select statement>; -- and
load from <filename> [delimiter '|'] <insert statement>;
that does behave like the select. (please forgive my Informix
background)

As to the topic with setuid triggers and others, I think setuid procedures
would be sufficient.
These are implemented in Informix with the following simple syntax:
create dba procedure ....

Andreas