Re: spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance

From: "Mike Ellsworth" <younicycle(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Liam O'Duibhir" <liamod(at)fast(dot)au(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: spreading the word on new PostgreSQL software appliance
Date: 2008-12-10 18:51:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Liam O'Duibhir
<liamod(at)fast(dot)au(dot)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:
> Liraz,
>
> Sounds like a great initiative. I am curious, did you consider creating an
> AMI (Amazon Machine Image) for deployment of these appliances into the
> Amazon EC2 cloud.
>
> In general, I am curious what members of the list feel about hosting their
> Postgres systems in the cloud.

We're taking a crack at it, but there are a lot of layers to that
onion - at least that has been the case for our 'business suite'. Can
be a fair amount of GUI work. And rework.

Haven't reached the point of trying anything with Amazon - or other
similar services..