Re: Installing PostgreSQL on HPUX 11i (with TCL) -- how does one do it

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: afalanga(at)syracusenetworks(dot)com (Andrew Falanga)
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installing PostgreSQL on HPUX 11i (with TCL) -- how does one do it
Date: 2002-11-15 22:11:48
Lists: pgsql-general

afalanga(at)syracusenetworks(dot)com (Andrew Falanga) writes:
> I've managed to get Postres installed with no trouble, however, I'm
> less than successful when trying to install Postgres with the TCL
> components built as well. Actually, the problem isn't the install,
> but the build process.

It looks to me like the compile isn't finding tcl.h. (In general,
showing the first few errors you get is much more useful than showing
the last few ... I wouldn't have to guess about this if you'd shown
the initial error, which is probably something about tcl.h not found.)

If you've got tcl.h in a nonstandard place, which is to say anywhere
but /usr/include or /usr/local/include, you need to configure
--with-includes to tell where. Likely you'll need a --with-libs, too.