Re: Cleanup some -I$(libpq_srcdir) in makefiles

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cleanup some -I$(libpq_srcdir) in makefiles
Date: 2020-12-29 22:06:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 at 18:07, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
>> adminpack and old_snapshot have no need for those references as they
>> don't use libpq. Any objections to a small-ish cleanup that removes
>> those references, as per the attached?

> I think these can be safely removed.

> In case they have an opinion on this, I've included Tom and Robert as
> the authors of 629b3af2 and aecf5ee2.

629b3af2 just moved around the existing -I switch in adminpack/Makefile.
AFAICS that switch goes back to adminpack's introduction, fe59e5666.
It was probably just copied-and-pasted from some other contrib Makefile;
since this Makefile has never actually linked libpq, it's hard to see why
it'd be useful here.