Re: Command Triggers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Command Triggers
Date: 2012-02-27 23:54:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:30:36 AM Tom Lane wrote:
>> Ugh ... if that's currently allowed, we definitely need to fix it.

> Btw, whats the danger youre seing?

Well, I'm not sure that it would actively break anything, but we
definitely meant to disallow the case. Also, I seem to recall some
places that intuit a relation's shared marker in the opposite direction
(if it's in pg_global it must be shared), and that could definitely
cause issues if we treat a rel as shared when it isn't.