Re: Creating new system catalog problems.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Akmal Akmalhojaev" <akmal(dot)ilh(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Creating new system catalog problems.
Date: 2007-05-02 22:11:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Akmal Akmalhojaev" <akmal(dot)ilh(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I wanted to create a new system catalog in Postgres. So I changed the source
> code. Everything seems to be OK. I compiled it, but now after initdb I
> receive:
> creating template1 database in /usr/home/postgres/post1/base/1 ... FATAL:
> could
> not open relation with OID 2617

> I can't understand the reason. Can somebody help me.

Not when you didn't show us what you changed ...

2617 is pg_operator, so a possible theory is that you did something that
tries to access pg_operator before it's been created. But just adding a
new table declaration in include/catalog shouldn't have that effect.
I suspect you added some code you haven't mentioned.