Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Charles Comiskey" <comiskey(at)us(dot)ibm(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] GPL Source and Copyright Questions
Date: 2006-06-22 18:33:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Augh. Does this mean that we need to "backpatch" earlier versions to remove
> the possible GPL links?

[ shrug... ] I'm not planning to panic; we've still got explicit GPL
code that's not been cleaned out of contrib/ yet. (Um, weren't you on
the hook to move those modules to pgfoundry projects?)

I think we should endeavor to clean up any license questions going
forward, but it's useless to worry about the back branches; they are
what they are, and anyone who actually wants to sue us could do so
anyway on the strength of releases already out there.