Re: WIP: About CMake v2

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, YUriy Zhuravlev <u(dot)zhuravlev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP: About CMake v2
Date: 2015-08-30 15:32:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I imagine that esoteric platforms are not going to have cmake at all and
> are going to need their own installation anyway. Not sure if that's
> going to be more onerous than the requirement to install GNU make.

If we get to the point where this is starting to look like a real
proposal, I'll try to install cmake from source on my buildfarm critters,
none of which have it ATM. And we'll need to get other buildfarm owners
to do likewise. So we'll be able to acquire data points on whether that's
a big problem or not.