Re: pg_dumpall: query failed:

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: gnotari(at)linkgroup(dot)it
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_dumpall: query failed:
Date: 2003-07-29 14:22:44
Lists: pgsql-general

gnotari(at)linkgroup(dot)it writes:
> I have this problem with a nightly script that dumps the db:
> pg_dumpall: query failed: ERROR: Unable to convert abstime 'invalid' to
> timestamp
> pg_dumpall: query was: SELECT usename, usesysid, passwd, usecreatedb,
> usesuper, CAST(valuntil AS timestamp) FROM pg_shadow WHERE usesysid <>
> (SELECT datdba FROM pg_database WHERE datname = 'template0');

Hm, I'm surprised no one has complained of this before. I guess it's
not common to put 'invalid' into pg_shadow.valuntil.

The cast to timestamp is really unnecessary, so I've fixed the problem
for 7.4 by taking it out. You could do the same to your copy of
pg_dumpall.c, or you could change the pg_shadow entry to be NULL rather
than 'invalid'.