Re: Time for beta2 ?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time for beta2 ?
Date: 2013-06-05 13:50:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> writes:
> We've almost cleared the open items list, and I'm not aware of any other
> unfixed issues in 9.3beta1. Could we make a beta2 release soon? There
> have been a bunch of recovery-related fixes since beta1, it would be
> nice to get those fixes in the hands of testers.

There are at least two initdb-forcing things on the table, which I think
we need to resolve before we push beta2:

1. The business around being able to tell whether views and foreign
tables are updatable; all of the proposals for this will require
adding/changing some pg_proc entries and probably changing system view
definitions.

2. Simon was suggesting some changes in the functions for reporting
whether a backup is in progress.

Has anyone got anything else of that ilk?