Re: [BUG] pg_stat_statements and extended query protocol

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: "Imseih (AWS), Sami" <simseih(at)amazon(dot)com>, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Zhang <david(dot)zhang(at)highgo(dot)ca>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUG] pg_stat_statements and extended query protocol
Date: 2023-04-05 21:39:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> writes:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2023 at 04:07:21AM +0000, Imseih (AWS), Sami wrote:
>> Attached is v5 addressing the comments.

> Thanks, this should be enough to persist the number of tuples tracked
> across multiple ExecutorRun() calls. This looks pretty good to me.

v5 seems OK to me except I think CreateExecutorState() should explicitly
zero the new es_total_processed field, alongside zeroing es_processed.
(I realize that the makeNode would have done it already, but our
coding conventions generally run towards not relying on that. This is
mainly for greppability, so you can find where a field is initialized.)