Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: archeron(at)wavefire(dot)com, Chris Kratz <chris(dot)kratz(at)vistashare(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: invalid tid errors in latest 7.3.4 stable.
Date: 2003-09-26 16:58:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:
> I think theoretically in serializable the cases where the difference
> between the snapshot from this statement and the standard snapshot for the
> transaction are noticable we probably have a serialization failure

Hmm, that is a good point. It would be cleaner to throw a "can't
serialize" failure than have the RI triggers run under a different
snapshot. I am not sure if we can implement that behavior easily,
though. Can you think of a way to detect whether there's an RI conflict
against a later-started transaction?