Re: Repeatedly breaking indexes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tomas Szepe <szepe(at)pinerecords(dot)com>
Cc: Martin Edlman <edlman(at)fortech(dot)cz>, PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Repeatedly breaking indexes
Date: 2003-11-04 14:24:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tomas Szepe <szepe(at)pinerecords(dot)com> writes:
> Martin, you can probably rule out the cs_CZ (LATIN2) locale as the cause
> of your problems -- I've been using that one for years on many production
> postgres systems (often huge and constantly loaded) and have never observed
> the problems you're describing.

Thanks for the info. But are you using cs_CZ.ISO8859-2 in particular on
Red Hat 8.0 in particular? If it is a locale-related issue, it might be
specific to that particular variant on that platform.

I have RH 8.0 here, and could easily run some tests, but I'm not sure
what to look for. A quick run of the regression tests didn't reveal
any issues, other than expectable differences from C locale in sort
ordering.