Re: a: queries across databases b: plperl

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Wayne M(dot) Syvinski" <matthew(at)techcelsior(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: a: queries across databases b: plperl
Date: 2003-08-18 12:43:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Wayne M. Syvinski" <matthew(at)techcelsior(dot)com> writes:
> I did make deinstall, make clean, then make and captured output to
> file. createlang still bombed. Here's the relevant lines.

The make output looks reasonable, but is libperl.so being fetched from
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/mach/CORE at runtime? Or somewhere else?
If you didn't teach ldcondig about that directory, "somewhere else"
is quite a likely answer.

If the error message shown at runtime doesn't tell you, it might help to
look in the postmaster's log (stderr output). Dynamic link code often
spits messages to stderr ...