Re: pg_tables anomalies

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ribal <na97oribal(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_tables anomalies
Date: 2020-04-10 13:41:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

ribal <na97oribal(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> pgadmin deleted a table called m_rt_temp.
> However, it is marked as still present in the catalog tree.

I see no reason to think there is a bug here. I would bet on one
of several types of user error:

* Your discussion has not mentioned schemas. There might be more
or less similarly named tables in different schemas, some of which
are in your search_path and some of which aren't.

* "_" is a wildcard in LIKE patterns, making it possible that those
searches are matching more than you think they are.

* Some of your queries appear to be searching for patterns with
spaces in them. That's allowed in SQL identifiers, but you could
not access such a table name without writing double quotes around it.

But, since you have not shown the actual results of any of these
queries, it's hard to tell exactly what the confusion is from.