Re: pgmigrate from command line for visual basic

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Buchanan, Kimba" <Kimba(dot)Buchanan(at)info-engineering(dot)com>, <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgmigrate from command line for visual basic
Date: 2002-05-17 18:29:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

-----Original Message-----
From: Buchanan, Kimba
[mailto:Kimba(dot)Buchanan(at)info-engineering(dot)com]
Sent: 17 May 2002 16:04
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [pgadmin-hackers] pgmigrate from command line for
visual basic

We are migrating from MSACCESS MDB to PostgreSQL DB. I have
downloaded the PGADMIN II and PG MIGRATE tools and find them very useful
and successful in the effort. However, we do not want to give the
transition team the capability that PGADMIN II has... Is there any
visual basic or command line equivalent to PG MIGRATE outside of PGADMIN
II.

No, there is no way of doing this at the moment. However, if you have
the time and inclination, the Migration Wizard is fairly stand-alone and
it shouldn't be too difficult to build into a very basic host
application for standalone use. The source code can be found at
http://cvs.pgadmin.org/.

Regards, Dave.